Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today She Learned To Use Caution When Making Faces At The Baby

Woman at yarn store: "I was worried about you for a minute."

Me: "Huh?"

Woman: "I didn't see the baby at first and I was worried that something was wrong with you."

Me: ::red with embarrassment::

I had been making faces at my 2 month old baby girl, while waiting for my yarn to be wound into balls. There was a display case in front of me, about 3 feet high, that was apparently blocking this woman's view of the stroller. It must have been quite a sight - me, sticking my tongue out and making who-knows-what expression, at what appeared to be a display of yarn, when in reality I was doing it in exchange for happy coos and smiles.

Note to self: Next time, pay attention to your surroundings.

No comments:

Post a Comment