Thursday, May 27, 2010

Today She Learned How To Reuse Water

I don't know if this is just my house, but it seems that whenever it comes time to round up the dishes to load the dishwasher, I dump out a bunch of half-empty water glasses. Recently, in an effort to improve our indoor air quality, we added a few houseplants. Now, I know that some may just dump the water right into the plants, but I'm both forgetful and bad with plants. I tend to over-water them, and I imagine I would get a bit carried away with the water-dumping.

Back track to Monday. I went to Ikea (happy place) and a purple watering can caught my eye. It was only $1.99, so I bought it and figured it might add some fun to my plant-watering.

This morning, while I was doing the glass-gathering routine, it occurred to me that I could dump the water into the watering can over the course of a few days and then water the plants as needed.

It's a small step, but I feel a little better knowing that I won't be wasting the leftover water in all those glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment