Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Today She Learned How To Paint Pottery

It's something I've been wanting to try for a long time! You know, the places with walls of unpainted pottery pieces just waiting for you to make them bright and colorful? It's not that I want to develop a habit of it. I just wanted to try it once. Well, today I had my chance. My mother-in-law wanted to take Sophie to As You Wish to get something done with her footprints. She does the pottery-painting thing quite a bit, so this time I got to do the painting!

We picked out a frame and I set to work while Sophie had
some Grandma time. Since I am a tad bit persnickety, I had to lay out every detail before I could start painting (I once took my nieces to As You Wish and let them paint something... I had a lot of trouble biting my tongue to keep from saying things like "maybe we should lay out some nice guidelines before we start" - or other comments that would seem ridiculous to a 7 & 8 year old).

I can't wait to see how it turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment